Indian Railways To Build 50 MW Solar Plant In Bhilai

In Clean News, News, Renewable Energy, Solar

The Railways Energy Management Company Limited (REMCL), a joint venture of Indian Railways and RITES Limited, has invited bid for the setting up of 50 MWp solar project on railways land at Bhilai, Chhattisgarh under tariff based competitive bidding.

The power from this project will be utilized by Railways and South East Central Railway (SECR) will sign Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with the selected bidder for a period of 25 years.

The scope of work includes the design, build, finance,operation, transfer (construction) and selling the solar power.

The project cost of the 50 MW plant is estimated at 200 crore. Of the total cost, 20 per cent will be borne by the Railways, while the remaining 80 per cent will be raised through debt.

Funds mobilisation for the 200 crore project — estimated at 160 crore — could be raised from firms, such as Power Finance Corporation and Rural Electrification Corporation.

Pre-bid meeting will take place on October 25, 2018 and the last date for the submission of bid is November 30, 2018.

Railways is the single largest consumer of electricity in the country, with roughly 2 percent share of national energy consumption. This move is in line with its vision to become a net-zero carbon emitter by 2030 and is working tirelessly on all fronts to reduce its carbon footprint.

The infrastructure as well as the space available to the Indian Railways has opened avenues for the development of rooftop and ground-mount solar projects that can be utilized to address its increasing energy needs.

 

 

Reference- Mercom, ET, The Hindu

Join Our Newsletter!

Love Clean Future? We love to tell you about our new stuff. Subscribe to newsletter!

Mobile Sliding Menu

Clean Future