This story on electric vehicle (EV) is aimed at providing useful information to automobile manufacturers, OEM suppliers, and investors who want to do business in Delhi so that they can make informed decisions.
- The policy aims for 25% of vehicles to be Electric Vehicle (EVs) by 2024. The policy will be valid for three years from the date of notification.
- Within a year, Delhi government is targeting the induction of 35,000 electric vehicles (2/3/4 Wheelers and buses), 1000 EVs for last-mile deliveries and 250 public charging/swapping stations to come up in Delhi.
- In the next 5 years, the Delhi government is targeting to put 5 lakh new EVs register in Delhi due to this policy.
|2-wheeler||Purchase incentive of INR 5,000 per kWh of battery capacity.|
Scrapping incentive of up to Rs 5000 to be offered subject to evidence of matching contribution from the dealer or OEM.
|3-wheeler (electric autos)||Purchase incentive of INR 30,000 per vehicle (NIL at present)|
|4-wheeler||Purchase incentive of INR 10,000 per kWh of battery capacity for first 1000 cars subject to a cap of Rs 1,50,000 per vehicle|
- All new home and workplace parking spaces will have to be ‘EV-ready’ with 20% of the parking being EV-enabled
- The Delhi government will give 100% subsidy for the purchase of charging equipment up to INR 6,000 per charging point for the first 30,000 charging points at homes and workplaces.
- Road tax and registration fees to be waived for all Battery Electric Vehicles during the period of this policy
This story is based on inputs from JMK Research & Analytics