Off-grid travelers and backyard campers, take a look at this useful product for small-scale wind generation. It could put low-cost wind generation into the hands of thousands of people. Along with your solar cooking gear, this could be a great power generation source to pack. It is also easily packable.
- Folded length: 35 cm (13.8 in)
- Folded width: 10 cm (3.9 in)
- Blade diameter: 60 cm (23.6 in)
- Mount height: 91.4 cm (3 ft)
- Total weight: 3 lb (1.3 kg)
The Shine Turbine Wind Charger with patent-pending technology can collect 3 phones worth of power in as little as an hour.
Shine is a startup based in Halifax, Nova Scotia who has built a portable wind turbine for individuals looking to charge their handheld electronic devices (phone, eReader, laptop, GPS, headlamps, etc.) off-grid. The product was launched yesterday on Kickstarter.
Here are some more details from the company:
- Totally collapsible and contained: Mount and blades all collapse into housing.
- Shine Turbine: Arrives fully collapsed with the mount, pegs, and reflective guy-wires stored inside.
The Shine Turbine is the ultra-compact, highly efficient, portable wind charger that lets you use the wind to rapidly create your own power to charge all your handheld devices – from your phone to your camera – anytime, anywhere the wind blows. It’s patent-pending technology reportedly creates energy faster than any other portable renewable product!
This is a PRNewswire Feed; edited by Clean-Future Team