eMotorWerks, now a division of Enel, will present a new way of making EV charging more accessible in public places, apartment complexes and workplaces, thanks to smart grid technology.
Using EV supply equipment and cloud software solutions together, the Juice Net Enterprise system allows fleet operators, employers, and owners of commercial and residential real estate to manage a number of chargers at multiple locations from a single cloud-based dashboard.
The integrated system is expected to reduce the cost of electrical upgrades when charging equipment is installed, while permitting stakeholders to benefit from energy savings from demand response and time of use pricing options offered by local utilities.
Here are some of the advantages of the eMotorWerks Juice Net Enterprise technology:
- Install more EV chargers without costly electrical upgrades to building infrastructure.
- Optimize renewable energy use by coordinating charging with peak solar and wind generation.
- Reduce onsite peak electricity demand charges by sharing loads between chargers throughout the day.
- Allow drivers to have their vehicles charged to the desired level when needed.
- Permit drivers to locate available chargers using the Juice Net app.
- Shift charging times to off peak hours when appropriate.
- Avoid mid-day demand charges.
- Promote grid stability by coordinating charging times with local utilities.
Chanje Energy has already deployed 65 of eMotorWerks’ JuiceBox Pro 40 charging stations in California, Illinois, and New York.