Bollinger Motors announces plans to produce and sell the all-electric B2 Chassis Cab. The Bollinger B2CC is the world’s first and only Class 3 all-electric chassis-cab truck platform, and it offers unlimited work truck variants. This was originally developed for its SUV and pickup truck models.
Features of the patent-pending Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab include:
- Two-door or Four-door cab
- Various wheelbase lengths, based on desired customization
- Patent-pending passthrough for storage of long items
- 120 kWh battery pack
- All-wheel drivetrain
- All-terrain capabilities
- Dual motor
- Portal gear hubs
- 5,000 lb. payload
- Ultra-low center of gravity
- Hydraulic anti-lock power brakes (ABS)
- Electronic traction control
- Electronic stability control
- Hydraulic power steering
- Hydro-pneumatic self-leveling suspension
- Independent front and rear suspension
- 10kw on-board charger/inverter
- Complete power system controls, configurable to given vehicle application
- Integrated thermal-management system
The Bollinger Motors B2 Chassis Cab will be made available to commercial outfitters in late 2021 in both full cab and cutaway-cab variants.
The Bollinger B2 Chassis Cab’s unique features — including the 5,000 lb. payload and large energy source to power tools — make it perfect for businesses, small and large.
If the Bollinger chassis is affordable (they have yet to disclose the pricing), it could be a big step forward in transitioning the medium duty truck segment to all electric powertrains, saving fleets money on fuel and maintenance expenses while helping lower atmospheric pollution that has a negative impact on human health and the environment.
Reference- Bollinger Motors website, PR Newswire, Clean Technica